The SaTScan software comes with seven small sample data sets that are automatically downloaded together with the software. They are recommended for use when learning how to run the SaTScan software for the first time and described in the SaTScan User Guide.
This web page provides links to additional data sets that has been used in various SaTScan related publications, either for real analyses or for simulated power calculations. These may be used for more advanced training purposes as well as for research.
Benchmark Data for Statistical Power Evaluations
- Northeastern USA Benchmark Data, Purely Spatial
- Kulldorff M, Tango T, Park PJ. Power comparisons for disease clustering tests. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 2003,42:665-684.
- Song C, Kulldorff M. Power evaluation of disease clustering tests. International Journal of Health Geographics, 2003,2:9.
- New York City Benchmark Data, Disease Outbreaks (external link)
- Kulldorff M, Zhang Z, Hartman J, Heffernan R, Huang L, Mostashari F. Evaluating disease outbreak detection methods: Benchmark data and power calculations. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 2004, in press.
- Brain Cancer Incidence in New Mexico
- Kulldorff M, Athas W, Feuer E, Miller B, Key C. Evaluating cluster alarms: A space-time scan statistic and brain cancer in Los Alamos. American Journal of Public Health, 1998;88:1377-1380.
- Lung Cancer Incidence in New Mexico
- Kulldorff M, Hjalmars U. The Knox method and other tests for space-time interaction. Biometrics, 1999;55:544-552.